Monday, May 17, 2010

Small bay with two fishing boats

When I started painting. before many years, I used to make landscapes. Not particular places. I used to put pieces of a puzzle here and there. A gray mountain, a green tree with some olive and yellow, a blue sea, some boats... All the child's memories painted with almost pure colors. Later my painter's life became more complicated. Painting is not only colors. The first satisfaction went away and the spirit was thirsty for new magic places. To make a landscape is easy, because there are almost no errors. If you make a mountain which is 1000 tons lighter than the mountain you have in your mind, no one will notice it. Not even you. You learn to make mistakes and final you accept them. So landscapes do not see the light often anymore. But sometimes, when I have a bad time (in painting) and want a certain recovery, I paint a nice and easy landscape like this. Beautiful pale colors, boats, rocks etc. This one made with acrylics thin like watercolors, no underpainting, on a 40x50 cm canvas. Isn't it beautiful and relaxing?

No comments:

Post a Comment