Saturday, May 22, 2010

Greek times...

A classic Greek theme. Greek coffee by the sea, traditional table and chair, the machine of a boat disturbing the silence, the sweet smell of the spring roses... What else needs someone to have a good time? Twenty years ago, I was living in Athens, the Greek capital city. When I arrived in Samos island, where I live till now, I was very upset. I missed the noise, the night life, all my friends... The depression frustrated me only for twelve months. Now, I feel that I am in constant vacations, even if I work harder than in Athens. On a bicycle I climb the mountains, I walk into the nature, I love life and... I don't need to spend money to buy imaginative happiness! The happiness is real and under my skin every time. The only sad is that now, in the island, I really care for the smallness of this wonderful life!
Acrylics on canvas, about 50x35cm, made in summer 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment