Friday, May 14, 2010

The Beginning

Hello everyone! This is my first post ever. I do not handle well the English language. Sorry about it. I am a self-taught painter. In this blog I will present to you most of my remaining paintings in the last 20 years. Painting is probably my greatest love in this life, while it remains until now just a hobby. I try constantly to improve myself. Every painting became a teacher to me. One painting of three was never completed and now is covered from another image, or white color. Some of the remained were destroyed. I have photos for about one fourth of all my work! My target is to create about  5-10 new paintings every month. All will be published here in this blog.
The very first painting is an old painting. It was inspired from a magazine photo. This one does not exist now. It  has been destroyed after a kind of accident. It was made on a canvas panel about 30x40 cm with casein and mineral powders. Some years ago I stopped using oils for good, because I didn't like the smell and the long waiting to dry. I believe that I will not return to oils again, even if they are better (as all say) than my favorite acrylics. One of the reasons is that painting is just a hobby. Even if I have filled almost two rooms with painting supplies, my workspace for most time is our small kitchen table with two chairs to support. It's enough for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment