Sunday, June 6, 2010

New mural today.

Before 15 years ago, in the year 1995, I made the following mural in my bedroom. Eleven hearts are escaping from their jail (not the right orange heart and the bee). I found this picture on a postcard and I liked it because it was representing Freedom.
Today I completed this mural. The hearts now are trying to reach the sun! This is what I did today:
A smiling sun, colorful flowers, a hive with some flying around bees, butterflies and two more hearts, one transforming to butterfly. A lot of happy things to decorate my bedroom. It seems like a childish room. My wife loves it, so I don't have any problem! My wife Niki doesn't grow up. I met her when she was 17. Today, after 26 years, she is still 17. I suspect that she's stealing sneaky years from me, because I am growing older two times faster than normal. OK. No more jokes. Here is the sun:
Not man or woman. Just a happy sun. Niki says that "he" is sexy. She will never grow up. Just like this young for ever sun.
The older part of  mural is 200x140 cm. The recent part is 350x250 cm. For both parts I used  plenty of vinyl white. All the rest colors are acrylics.
I edited this post after one week, because I improved the sun's face and softened some hard tones. Also the mural was covered with thin acrylic varnish.


1 comment: